Deeply nutritious and simple to make is Creamy Broccoli Soup with Rosemary.
If you like, you may swap out the broccoli in this soup with carrots, winter squash, sweet corn, or zucchini, depending on the veggies you have on hand.
For a thicker soup, feel free to use homemade chicken stock or a light vegetable stock for the water.
Broccoli soup with rosemary
- 1 piece onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp sea salt
- 4 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary minced
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- Using olive oil and a pinch of sea salt, soften the onion in a large pot. A few minutes of hardening are all that's required after adding the broccoli and rosemary.
- Boil the broccoli in a small amount of water until it's tender. Simmer the broccoli for about 8 minutes on low heat.
- Using a food mill, blender, or immersion blender, make a smooth puree. Salt to your liking with a pinch of sea salt. Salt should be incorporated into the dish by simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Toasted pumpkin seeds can be sprinkled on top before serving.